Can't Stop Reading

Lucky for me I get a hefty discount at work, because I just can't seem to stop myself!

Friday, August 04, 2006


Somehow or other, until yesterday, I had not read Pop Princess by Rachel Cohn. Whom I adore. Fortunately, I have now rectified this situation. I think I can safely say, I have read every book she has published.

Pop Princess is about a girl from New England, named Wonder, who becomes the next Britney Spears. Which, it turns out, is not really what she wants out of life. I should say here that this is probably my least favourite Rachel Cohn book. That still means I really enjoyed it though. I think it might have to do with the subject matter. It just isn't really all that interesting to me. I have to give her props though, she keeps her signature honesty going on in the book. My favourite thing about a Rachel Cohn heroine? They're totally lustful. I hate reading about teenage girls who find it easy to eschew sex. Who are those people? In real life, the only reason teenage girls aren't as into sex as guys, is because they are afraid of being labelled whores.

This one has just enough of that label dropping, expensive night club scene to be fun for the Gossip Girls set, but because it's Rachel Cohn, it has some substance going on, too.

Pop Princess by Rachel Cohn
ISBN 1416902635
311 pages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home