Can't Stop Reading

Lucky for me I get a hefty discount at work, because I just can't seem to stop myself!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006


By far one of the best fictional families of recent years is the Casson clan. Lucky for me, Hilary McKay seems to agree with me, and she keeps churning their stories out. The latest is called Caddy Ever After.

I should state for the record that I enjoyed this book just as much as the previous three (Saffy's Angel, Indigo's Star, and Permanent Rose)but I do think it may have been mistitled. Or maybe it should have been two books, rather than one. At any rate, Caddy (short for Cadmium Blue) is the eldest Casson, and everyone knows she is supposed to marry Darling Michael. Everyone except Caddy, that is. But before we get to that, we have to go through the adventure of the Valentine's disco, as told by Rose, Indigo and Saffy. Once again, Rose steals the show in every scene she's in. Which is kind of what I was getting at earlier. Caddy only really makes an appearance at the end of the book, so why is this 'her' book? It seems like another Rose book.

It is hard to write these things and sound not complainey about them. And I am really not complaining. Because I love this family, and I will happily gobble up anything Hilary McKay sees fit to publish about them. And you should too.

Caddy Ever After by Hilary McKay
ISBN 0340903147
218 pages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home