Can't Stop Reading

Lucky for me I get a hefty discount at work, because I just can't seem to stop myself!

Wednesday, August 02, 2006


Wherein my readers start to wonder if I am obsessed with Pride and Prejudice: I'm not really! But these knock-offs keep coming in! Today's is yet another trilogy, this one called Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman. The first volume in the series is An Assembly Such as This. Author Pamela Aidan has decided that we should all know what's going on with Mr. Darcy throughout Austen's story, so she's kindly written it out for us. Quite well, too, I might add. The writing is that over the top regency style, and Darcy is quite torturously in love with Elizabeth.

This is one of those books that is really great for some people, and really not at all for others. When you read Jane Austen, are you thinking that she is a master of irony and the English language? If so, you will probably not enjoy this one. But if you get into the story, and the romantic aspect of Austen's books, you will probably love this one. I never really thought I could love Darcy more than I do, but Aidan has put me over the top! Pity the men of the 21st century, because they have no chance with me!

An Assembly Such as This: A Novel of Fitzwilliam Darcy, Gentleman by Pamela Aidan
ISBN 0743291344
288 pages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home