Can't Stop Reading

Lucky for me I get a hefty discount at work, because I just can't seem to stop myself!

Sunday, September 17, 2006


I'm just going to get this out of the way here at the start: Mem Fox is a genius. I cannot imagine a world where she puts out bad books. Just so everyone knows. A Particular Cow is of course, no exception.

This particular cow likes to go for a walk of a Saturday morning. Unfortunately, she gets rather stuck in a particular pair of underwear. Which belong to a particular woman. Etcetera, etcetera. Fortunately after a brief adventure involving a mail cart, and a boat, our particular cow is returned to her pasture, safe and sound.

Terry Denton's illustrations do a great job of emphasizing the ridiculousness of the situation. Various minor characters exclaim hilariously throughout the book, my particular favourite being the turtle that shouts: Incoming!

A Particular Cow written by Mem Fox illustrated by Terry Denton
ISBN 0152002502
32 pages

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home