Can't Stop Reading

Lucky for me I get a hefty discount at work, because I just can't seem to stop myself!

Thursday, July 06, 2006


This week a new book came in from one of my favourite picture book authors. Oliver Jeffers only has two books out, but I'm happy to report, they're both awesome. His first was How to Catch a Star, and his new one is Lost and Found.

Side note: Jeffers is from Belfast, which is the scariest city I've ever been in. When I was there a cab driver made fun of me for being freaked, and I tried to explain to him that I am from Canada, but he just didn't get it.

Anyway, Lost and Found is about a little boy who meets up with a penguin. Assuming he's lost, the boy tries to find out how to get him home, finally checking in a book ("Where Penguins Come From"). So he and the penguin head out for the South Pole in their trusty rowboat. Eventually, the boy realizes that the penguin was just lonely, and what do you know? so was he! Happy ending for everyone!

My favourite things about Jeffers' books are his illustrations. They are perfectly adorable in an unexpected kind of way. The penguin is especially perfect.

Lost and Found written and illustrated by Oliver Jeffers
ISBN 0007150369
32 pages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home