Can't Stop Reading

Lucky for me I get a hefty discount at work, because I just can't seem to stop myself!

Tuesday, July 04, 2006


After reading something as heavy as March, I thought lighter fare was in order. So I picked up Sex Kittens and Horn Dawgs Fall in Love.

This book follows Felicia, who has a huge crush on Matthew, who is all into science. In order to make him fall for her, she confesses her crush and proposes they do a science project together that studies the X factor: why people fall in love, or not. Complications ensue and unfortunately, I did not pay enough attention in math to be able to describe the shape of those love relationships. Suffice to say, it is most definitely not a triangle.

One of the things I think this book really has going for it (and which, incidentally drove me insane) is Felicia's voice. She is the embodiment of a fourteen-year-old girl: "Felicia's Private Kitten Directive Number Ohmigod-Matthew-Held-My-Hand!: All Instances of Matthew-Felicia Body Contact MUST be Logged in Felicia's Notebook Within Twenty-Four Hours of Occurring!"

I think the title is rather unfortunate though, because Felicia gives us the story behind it, and it's not all sexual, but that's not necessarily obvious until you've read the first chapter or so. But I most definitely urge anyone with a 12 to 15-year-old girl in their life to look beyond the title.

Sex Kittens and Horn Dawgs Fall in Love by Maryrose Wood
ISBN 0385732767
256 pages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home