Can't Stop Reading

Lucky for me I get a hefty discount at work, because I just can't seem to stop myself!

Monday, July 10, 2006


Is it sad that I am still working my way through ARC's that I picked up in February? Whatever.

After finishing Gideon last night, I felt like it was time for a little teen angst. And oh how angsty today's book is! Scrambled Eggs at Midnight is a love story, with each side of the equation (Eliot and Cal) being written by a different author. Sounds kind of like Nick and Norah, eh? Well, that's pretty much where the similarities end.

Cal has been driving across the country with her flaky mother since she was a little kid. They've arrived in Asheville to spend the summer working at the Renaissance Fair. Eliot lives outside of his town, where his parents run a Christian fat camp. They fall deeply and madly in love, as only teenagers can do, and alternate chapters that mostly discuss how perfect the other is.

That's not to say I'm complaining though. Never having been madly in love, I enjoy reading about it, in a what-a-foreign-concept kind of a way. I will say though, that neither of these kids really seemed 15. I remember 15, and it certainly didn't look like that to me. And another thing. When did Tim Horton's move into the US? I was all set to come down hard on these authors for placing a Canadian chain in the state of Maine, and then I googled it, and apparently I am behind the times on this one. That isn't really a complaint though. That is just me being made to feel like an idiot.

Scrambled Eggs at Midnight by Brad Barkley & Heather Hepler
ISBN 0525477608
224 pages

2 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I can't say for sure, but Tim horton's has been in the US of A since Katie and I have shopped in Kamerica. They were thee in 1999/2000-ish at least, but it could have been sooner. From the time they were bought out by Wendy's.

     
  • At 9:59 PM, Blogger bookstore girl said…

    Well there you go, I am obviously out of the loop.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home