Can't Stop Reading

Lucky for me I get a hefty discount at work, because I just can't seem to stop myself!

Monday, May 01, 2006


You know what is weird? My mother is a published writer, and she knows many other writers. So I have been around writers for much of my life, but still, STILL, I get really excited and nervous whenever I meet them. Well, maybe not all of them, but the ones I like. Last night my store held a book launch for Katherine Gordon's new book Made to Measure. It’s about land surveying in British Columbia. I am normally a big fan of historical type books, but I don't think I'll be getting into this one. I could easily sprain my wrist trying to read it. However, apparently, Katherine is friends with Sylvia Olsen! Sylvia is married to a first nations man and writes great YA fiction about first nations and white people. My favorite so far has been White Girl. So Sylvia Olsen was here last night. I got all aflutter, and did not manage to mention that I love her. It probably didn't help that she spent the whole hour she was here talking about Cowichan sweaters. Apparently her newest book will be about sweaters. Hmm.

Anyways, this is a very long-winded introduction to the fact that Kim Antieau has posted a comment a few posts down about my review of her book! Yay! She also has a blog she wants y'all to check out, here. I will try and read up on some of it today, and if I like what I see, I'll add it to the blogroll for your convenience. I really like the idea of an author blog, as it allows readers to really get to know their favorite authors. So far I am LOVING Lois Lowry's blog, which should not surprise me, as her books have always been nothing but fabulous. Speaking of which, I am reading her newest, Gossamer right now, and I should get back to it, so I can post about it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home