Can't Stop Reading

Lucky for me I get a hefty discount at work, because I just can't seem to stop myself!

Friday, May 26, 2006


So last night my youngest sister came home for the summer. Which translates to: instead of reading, I watched a bad teen movie featuring Hilary Duff. However, I made up for it by staying in bed reading till 11 today. Oh the sacrifices I make for the good of the blogosphere! Ha!

So the book I finished up is one of the many Sarah Dessen ones that came in this week (side note: I popped into the store today on my day off to drop off something and sold the librarian from my old high school Dessen's entire backlist). This Lullaby is just as good as Just Listen, her newest. Its about Remy, who's mother is entering into marriage number five. Remy's way of coping with the insanity is to date many boys, but all according to her rules, which basically involve not getting attached, and dumping them after about two months. But then she meets Dexter. So yeah, its a little predictable, what with Dexter being Remy's complete opposite (they balance each other out!), but I don't care. I have decided Dessen is one of my new favourite authors. She is going to be one of those people (like Marian Keyes) who I can turn to when I am feeling a little low, and I will know what I'm getting into. See, I am not one of those people who likes to be challenged with my reading material. I kind of prefer a nice snuggly duvet of a book. So huffah to Sarah Dessen!

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen
ISBN 0670035300
352 pages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home