Can't Stop Reading

Lucky for me I get a hefty discount at work, because I just can't seem to stop myself!

Thursday, May 25, 2006


I am feeling a little overwhelmed today. Because a few weeks ago when I read Just Listen by Sarah Dessen, I went a little nuts and ordered her entire backlist. That is the joy of working at a bookstore, you see. I don't have to worry about bill-paying and such. Though I'm sure I'll sell them (I have a high school librarian coming in tomorrow), there are certainly a lot of them. So yesterday instead I read Welcome to Wahoo. And I'm glad I did.

Victoria is one of those girls you read about in tabloids. Kind of like the Hilton sisters, but smarter and funnier. Not that that's saying much. But yeah, Victoria is hilarious. Anyways, so she's having a great time at her boarding school in Switzerland, when her world is turned upside down. She and one of her father's bodyguards must leave Europe under assumed names and live in the small town of Wahoo, Nebraska, while her father and his family are being hunted by Sicilians. Oh, and they only have $5000.

What follows is Victoria's take on small town American life, and the hilarious results of her enrollment at a "typical" American high school.

The only part I didn't like about the book was the ending. I can't really say much more without ruining the story, but suffice to say, it was a bit of a letdown. Despite that, its definitely worth a read.

Welcome to Wahoo by Dennis & Elise Carr
ISBN 1582346968
229 pages

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home